• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Number one in Sac Proof 70s by John M. Robinson II

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Picked up my last required Sacagawea Proof 70 coin today, which makes my collection complete..to date

This has been an adventurous week for me in coin collecting. To me, at least it was adventurous.

I received my 2012 (W) Silver Eagle this week. Very strong details with a lot of shine. It is also an early release but, I am still trying to figure out the difference between Early Release and First released.

I made a post the other day pertaining to the Montford Point Marines Bronze medal that the U.S. Mint began to sell yesturday. I picked up one (1) 3inch and four (4) 1.5inch medals. I plan to send the entire box to NGC for grading.

I also received my 1969 Proof set back from NGC. Here are the results: 1C= Proof 65 RD; 5C=Proof66 Cameo; 10C=Proof 67; and 25C=Proof 67. I was pleased with the results since I paid less then $12.00 for the entire Proof set. I did not submit the 50C coin but, will later. I did, however, submit a 1999 1C= MS66 RB.

Finally, I picked up the last coin for my Sacagawea Proof 70 Set off of Ebay, this morning. I paid just over FMV but, in time, it will pay for itself. When I put the coin into my slot, I jumped from 23 to 3rd. Then I added an image, burrowed from the Seller's ebay site, and I went from 3rd to 1st. I don't know what this all means but, I think it is a good thing.

Lastly, I want to wish every one a great 4th of July celebrations. Remember our military Veterans, both past and present.

For those who may not know, this is the two hundreth year anniversary of the War of 1812. A lot of things occurred during this war which some scholars believe to had been our second ward of Independence. We also can not forgot F.S. Key's poem and later song.

Here is a link to a book that I wrote pertaining to one of our local War of 1812 heroes. http://www.lulu.com/jackrobinson

Semper Fi.

Jack

11626.jpg

See more journals by John M. Robinson II

Good going Jack, Nothing feels better than a finish on a set. I am working hard on the silver dimes in fact just purchased 3 MS67FTs. It will be nice when I finally finish that set. In one---------two---------------------well maybe three more years.

Semper Fi,

Squid