• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP. 1947-S S/S Quarter. pcgs MS65 with CAC.

9 posts in this topic

Got this yesterday. If I paid to much, let me know, but this one if for my own stash. It will be my first certified RPM with CAC recognition. My only concern sounds weird but would a grader put the CAC sticker in a place that covers part of the writing on the label? I am glad I bought the coin, I think it was money well spent.

Take a look:

NEWP

Thanks,

Dave

Given the seller is a poster here I will say 2 things. 1 You got a nice coin and 2 you got a good deal. That is not me being bias, but that is how most all sellers from here are.

Given the seller is a poster here I will say 2 things. 1 You got a nice coin and 2 you got a good deal. That is not me being bias, but that is how most all sellers from here are.

Bruce, The coin is very nice, and if I got a good deal, that is even better.

I thought when I saw the Ebay ID it was Coinman_23885 on here. I PMed him and it was not. But if the seller is a member on here could you let me know his Forum name? Maybe him and I can make a deal off Ebay if he has anything similar.

-Dave

Got this yesterday. If I paid to much, let me know, but this one if for my own stash. It will be my first certified RPM with CAC recognition. My only concern sounds weird but would a grader put the CAC sticker in a place that covers part of the writing on the label? I am glad I bought the coin, I think it was money well spent.

Take a look:

NEWP

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the purchase, Dave!

CAC puts their sticker in the same spot, no matter what the sticker covers up. In-hand, you can read the 502.

This is a very scarce, dramatic, and unusual die variety. It's an S/S/S, or possibly S/S/S/S, according to the NGC VarietyPlus catologue. PCGS has graded just 16 of them in all grades.

My website offers all the same coins but usually from 5% to 10% off the eBay price.

1947Sr25a-2.jpg

Its a great coin and I can't wait to have it in hand. If paypal wasn't being "red flaggy" I would have paid by now.

This one will be my first error, certified that has CAC.

RPMs and Doubled Dies are my personal favorite coins to collect or buy and sell. if you have more like that one, let me know and we could work something out on the BST forum.

THANKS!!! :grin:

-Dave

This is where CAC places their sticker. The only time I have seen otherwise is on IHCs or FEs that already have an Eagle Eye sticker in that position. In those cases, the CAC sticker goes to the left side of the cert.