• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1976 Sporrong Nobel 75th Anniv Medal

2 posts in this topic

I had submitted a pair of 1976 Sporrong silver and bronze medals to NGC for grading recently and they came back as "NGC does not grade this medal any more". First off, why in the world would NGC not grade a specific modern medal like that? Secondly, why would they not credit me for 2 gradings of a similar medal after rejecting these medals from my submission of 5 medals? I would understand if it were because I submitted something that didn't conform to the published grading criteria, but how can one know they have an exception and that you submit at your own risk?

Any clarification on NGC policies regarding this sort of stuff would be helpful.

My understanding was that if you submitted an item they don't grade or encapsulate ie: and ineligible item, that the fee was refunded. I would contact customer service and see.