• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Summer duldrums...

4 posts in this topic

Slow going since summer has come on full strength in the South.

I find it increasingly difficult to devote time to my hobby in the summer, too many other distractions and long days. Not that I mind the long days, mind you, but it does cut into coin time. Chores like mowing the lawn, trimming bushes, swinging on the patio, walking (need to do more of this) and grilling out seem to invade the time I spend on coins during the other seasons.

Thinking about a new submission now, as I have about 100 coins in my grading box, it's just a matter of which 15-20 to send. I'll be agonizing over that for a couple weeks before pulling the trigger to let them go on their way to NGC.

My renewal coupon submission wasn't bad, but was disappointed in the 1972 D Washington Quarter. It amazes me sometimes the things I don't see... I though this coin was a lock for MS 67 grade as it is highly lusterous and nearly mark free and sports a full deep strike. It came back MS 66 and all you have to do is look at the picture to see why. The camera quickly found the mark I didn't see.

NGC finds nearly everything...which I'm glad of as it gives me peace of mind and security with my collection.

Happy Father's day to all of you Dad's!!

Todd

11546.JPG

See more journals by TD Henson

yep summer is usually the slowest for coins and after that picks up. During the summer time there are more things to do such as fishing, camping, etc!

Td Henson, that quarter is a monster........I mean it looks great. I hope you decide on what to send in and post a pic for us to see!

Happy Fathers Day as well

Todd

I had to go to work today to make a little extra cash for a sweet purchase next week. But before work I went to Anderson SC to check out the coin show dealers. I was particularly interested in finding a dealer with graded coins. I don't know how the shows on the west coast are but the dealers in SC & NC frown when you mention PCGS or NGC. Here we grade our own coins. Most dealers here would probably lose plenty of customers if they found out what their coin really graded.

Tomorrow will be RELAXATION--FARM VEGETABLE PICKIN---GRILLING-----after the honey do list is complete. Wow did I mention relaxation----Glenda has a list that will keep me busy all day. O-K scratch off relaxing.

Old George there looks like a tear ran down his cheek after the insult of a MS66 was stamped above his head.

I did run into a real nice couple that sell at 40 shows a year and buy NGC graded coins by the ton. They even had their Labrador with them which I thought was cool. I am going to contact them in a week and see what I can get to add some nice graded coins to all the sets on my page for others. Of course some for me as well.

Later---Rick