• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picked up a 82 No P MS66FT Rosie this week posted by TPETERS

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Great/Bad Week

Good Morning,

Just got home last nite from my latest chemo treatment. That's the Bad news! Another chemo.

While I was doing this treatment I spent as much time as possible on the Internet. Most of the waiting areas at Mayo have 2 or more computers in them. At least the floors that deal with cancer do. I was looking for coins, looking at cars, looking at CS, reviewing future interests (purchases).

I am doing fairly well with my Roosevelt set. Always looking for the next top coin in FT variety. But, one of the coins that has always escaped me was the 1982 No P. I have had 3 chances to obtain 1, but timing was always wrong. Already committed elsewhere or funding was not available. We all know the routine. Anyway, here comes the GOOD part of my week!

While doing the things above, a friend popped into my head. Don't know why but he did. I sent him an email just to say "hi" and see how things were with him. He answered me a while later. Talked about personal stuff and then it came! Right out of the blue! I couldn't believe it. He said had a 1982 No P MS66FT! (Pop 3/2 better) He did not know that I was looking for the coin. He just happened to have one for sale. It was a little costly, but it is to me one of the key coins for my set. He also had 2 other FT coins for me, one them an NGC coin to swap out a PCGS coin from my set. The other was an "upgrade" I have a 67 (top pop), but I collect FT's when I can. This is an FT.

Earlier in the week, Six Mile Rick (in a journal) that he picked up a NGC 81D MS67FT (pop 10 at this level) I have a PCGS so we are working out a deal to trade.

So it has been a GREAT week for coins!

So it has been a Bad week for chemo (there is no good one)

But my collecting bug/fix managed to get me through the week and improved my collection substantially! When things are tough and I am home I can look at a few select coins that are at home and it "moves" me. I forget all the other bull**** that is affecting my daily life. Does that mean I am "addicted to coins"!!!! If so I hope they never find a way to cure it! lol

In closing, look at your coins as a therapeutic tool as well as monetary unit. Look at them whenever you need to escape, if but for a while. They are a wonder drug for me!

Take Care,

Todd

See more journals by TPETERS

This coin has also eluded me for the same reasons. When I see one I like I'm usually overcommitted elsewhere. One day I'll hopefully find myself in the same situation.

Coins are very therapuetic to the mind and body. It seems I never grow tired or weary of this hobby. I hope that feeling lasts a lifetime. Hope you start bouncing back from chemo, my friend.

Todd