• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1867 WR TPD S1-3001 F-08 FS-301 (FS-002.1) EXT RARE

5 posts in this topic

Posted on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221046895746#ht_500wt_1202

I sent this to the seller what do you think am i wrong in my identification of the coin .. as i have never had one of these URS-5 coins in my hands yet ?

Hi i have enlarged your pictures of this coin and the position of first 7 seems to be in the wrong position and also in the wrong direction to VP-002 Fs-301 F-8 also there are no die cracks showing which should run from the rim into the 1 through the foot into the middle of the 1 through the top of the 8 into the 6 .. there all so should be a 15 degree CCW rotated reverse to F-8 can you confirm any of these diagnostic features on your coin please also a picture sent to my email at dooly@klf1.fsnet.co.uk would help me asses my bid on this coin Thanks

is this a British thing? ->uk would help me asses

I wouldn't even bid on the thing, The coin clearly is in a slab, and the guy does not show the label - tells me probably in a genuine label (?cleaned?), and the cert number could be used to check the rest of submission to see if others where variety checked.

is this a British thing? ->uk would help me asses

I wouldn't even bid on the thing, The coin clearly is in a slab, and the guy does not show the label - tells me probably in a genuine label (?cleaned?), and the cert number could be used to check the rest of submission to see if others where variety checked.

got this mail back from him also one on my personal email

Dear alnwickandamblepestcontrol,

all diagnostics are there, the only thing u dont see is the die crck that yur talking about, auction will close soon as I have an offer of three seventy five gonna wait before the 12 hrs

- allswac08

not all the coins will have the die crack the positions of the MPDs are all there, on Reverse its rotated to the left, I am gonna close auction probably before the 12 hrs Ive already got an offer of 375.00 my consigner paid 525.00 for it

The coin is unquestionably attributed correctly. Absence of die cracks is never significant, since you could be looking at an earlier die stage.

I agree with the earlier poster who said this is probably in a Genuine holder and that's why the holder isn't shown (and why the seller uses the wording "looks like mint state").