• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Coin Pal is Back Home!! posted by Six Mile Rick

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A Journal on FRIENDSHIP due to COINS!!

Hey Guys, Well it was really nice to finally get a e-mail from TPETERS last night letting me know he was back home from a 2 week stay with family and friends for his sons graduation. The time was not really that long but when your coin bud does not have a laptop to keep in touch the time seems doubled. We usually e-mail once or twice a week discussing different posts and coins of course.

I sold around 24 of his proof coins listed on my page for sale while he was gone so at least he had a good reason to go to the bank, after the post office today.

He will resume Chemo on Monday and get back to his self and his life. I for one am glad he is back behind his computer.

Although we have never met there is a friendship you can build up in this club with others over time that is irreplaceable.

WELCOME HOME BUD

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Hey Rick,sounds like TPETERS health is improving if he is well enough to travel,if so I am glad.I have never met him but i wish him well!!!

Jason

Jason, I don't think a short life expectancy due to cancer would keep me from seeing my son graduate. I know Todd is more than proud of his sons and would do what it takes to show them. He is as stubborn as I, so the trip was a guarantee weather ready or not. He knows his time and so do I. We lose friends and family that are unaware of their cancer and I will be the best friend I can to Todd till cancer takes it's toll. Too bad others don't get the check ups they need to realize the end is close. There could have been a lot of "right" set out before hand.

Later---Rick

"Too bad others don't get the check ups they need to realize the end is close."

How true this is. A month ago one of my work collegues started feeling ill and was unable to hold down food. He was diagnosed with cancer and was given 6 months to 2 years to live. Yesterday he was buried with full honours from the New Zealand Customs Service. Don't ignore those little warning signs and live life to the full.