• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: TWO CRUSTY ORIGINAL PCGS VF35 BUST HALVES!

5 posts in this topic

For sale here are two choice original PCGS Bust halves. Just PM if interested! And we have more available on our website.

1831 PCGS VF35 O-104 Capped Bust half dollar ~ $149 Shipped

Totally original and extra crusty with shimmering luster throughout the fields and in the devices. Minimally worn, albeit flatly defined high points (as per most 1831 die varieties). Hairline free and untouched!

1831o11174aa.jpg

1831r11174aa.jpg

1831slab11174-1.jpg

1836 PCGS VF35 O-102 R.3 Capped Bust half dollar ~ $159 Shipped

Original, un-molested medium grey patina with dusty rose and gunmetal blue accents. Sharply struck and nice detail for the assigned grade, especially for an obverse die that was heavily ground to remove evidence of clashing and blunders; a process that resulted in the loss of much of the die’s fine details. Sparkling luster beneath the patina, and cartwheel on the razor sharp, XF45+ reverse! Scarce variety and high-end.

1836o50aa.jpg

1836r50aa.jpg

1836slab50aa.jpg

I always justify my aquisition of more than one Early half dollar of the same date by pointing out to myself (and sometimes others) that it is a different die variety than the one I already have! And there are 20 varieties for 1831, and 23 for 1836 ;)