• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheep USA postage finally a thing of the past on eBay

13 posts in this topic

just got this through from ebay about the power selling status..

:cry:

A preview of the new Top-rated seller programme

Starting in June, the Top-rated seller benefits you receive will also be based on how well you meet new listing requirements. Here's a preview of how your current and completed listings would meet these requirements.

Listing and tracking report

Performance criteria

Your seller performance based on new criteria:Above standard

Performance criteria for:

Evaluation period: 01 Jun, 2011 to 31 May, 2012.

New criteria Requirement Your performance

Percentage of transactions with tracking uploaded within stated dispatch time (1 month)

90.00%

28.87%

Starting on 20 June, eBay must have tracking information uploaded on at least 90% of all your transactions with US buyers within your stated dispatch time for the period of 1 May to 31 May. The evaluation on 20 July will count transactions from 1 May to 30 June. Every evaluation after that will count transactions over the previous 3 months.

So the be able to put the required "tracking number" on the item has to go International signed for or Air sure with a minimum cost of £8.45 and £8.70 to send a 1 gram item as a small packet ..

:frustrated:

and i love this one

Example:If you specify 1-day dispatch time and a buyer pays for an item on Tuesday, you have until 11:59:59pm Pacific Time on Wednesday to upload a tracking number. For an order paid for on Friday, a tracking number must be uploaded by 11:59:59pm Pacific Time on Monday.

A. what is Pacific times relation to my country and what happens if the post offices are not open in the country the item is being shipped from????

That tracking thing is nuts......I sell plenty of 5 or 6 dollar items.....No way am I going to add tracking to such stuff.

There goes my top rated seller thing.....

Paul

I am just glad it said US as the Canadian ones were killing me but if I don't have to provide a tracking number to Canada then I am golden...plus I only sell 1 coin a week to Canadian buyers so it probably would have been a non issue. Sorry it's affecting you and I don't think it's right but I would check with Ebay since you are a foreign seller and just verify that you will have to meet all of the requirements for Pacific time when your post offices may not be open.

That tracking thing is nuts......I sell plenty of 5 or 6 dollar items.....No way am I going to add tracking to such stuff.

There goes my top rated seller thing.....

Paul

This information came out in February or March. For sellers who regularly use confirmation for their shipments, this is not a big deal. It's actually quite lenient...you only have to follow your promised handling time 90% of the time. And, you get to specify your own handling time. For buyers who see that a seller promises 1-day, 2-day, or whatever-day for a handling, this rule is piece of mind that the seller will be honoring that agreement.

They probably did not think about small transactions when building this.

Like any business E-Bay's greatest concern is themselves. I sell some things on E-Bay and obtain tracking numbers on maybe 1 of 30 sales. I get that for myself and don't provide that to any buyers. It's just one more step, no thanks, I have a life.

E-Bay wants sellers to process their mailing through PayPal. I thought there's a fee (or perhaps there will be one in the future) for doing so. In any event, I mail as promised and could care less about their Preferred Seller come-on.

In the end the coin will sell for the price I want or it goes back in my collection. I make sure that all fees, mailing and packaging and my gas is paid for by the buyer. Let E-Bay's bottom feeders try to buy great coins elsewhere. They're still a bargain on E-Bay.

I see where this hurts the low-price-item sellers.

This is, in no small part, a move to make the idea of buying postage on ebay more appealing, though it does not force us.

I see how this helps buyers who, in the 21st century, realy do appreciate being able to track items and rely on the handling time claims made by sellers.

Many people like to bash eBay for not protecting buyers, but we can't have it both ways.

Dooly,

If you think it out you would find the Pacific Time gives you in the UK an additional 8 hours!

a right so if they paid at 6pm it would be 2am in the uk. so i go to work 9-5 without checking if it has been paid that would be 15 hours before i packed it and then the post office would be closed untill 9am in the morning another 16 hours and if i had to wait untill i got home at 5pm to get onto the computer that would be another 8 hours .. so would take 39hours .. guess 3 days would be the minimum i could put down just in case!

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dooly, but that only applies to listings on eBay.com (US site). You should have different rules for listing on eBay.co.uk that would be more in-line with your country.

One would think so but it came to my UK mail .. i do sell a lot to the usa so not sure

I did think about it when reading all the posts and I think it could have a lot to do with people calming money back for items which have not turned up and Paypal having to refund the fees .. I wonder how many 1000s a day there are ?