• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon Kelley

25 posts in this topic

Have read the exit posts on PCGS. Sorry that he will be silent for a while, but most will understand.

Thread Title: It has been a good run....Goodbye for now.

Created On: Thursday May 17, 2012 7:40 PM

He was put into a position where he had to make a choice and his decision was the one that any true family man would make. I applaud him for that and look forward to his comeback.

Who is "Brandon Kelley"?

Works for Jhon E. Cash. Used to work for Adrian "Anaconda".

jom

Who is "Brandon Kelley"?

Works Worked for Jhon E. Cash. Used to work for Adrian "Anaconda".

jom

I fixed that for ya, he resigned...poorguy is a class act, he can take some amazing images of coins.

Who is "Brandon Kelley"?

jom

I fixed that for ya, he resigned...poorguy is a class act, he can take some amazing images of coins.

Yeah...I know...but I tried to point out it was his "latest" gig working for Jhon.

jom

Who is "Brandon Kelley"?

jom

x2

MJ

What are we talking about?

I really hate it when you guys refer to stuff that happens elsewhere, assuming the rest of us know what you are talking about. If you're gonna post something here, post the whole story and not just snippets.

I really hate it when you guys refer to stuff that happens elsewhere, assuming the rest of us know what you are talking about. If you're gonna post something here, post the whole story and not just snippets.

I still dont know the whole story..... I went to pay for a coin today and to my surprise Brandon Kelley is done with Jhone Cash. Jhone was extremely nice to me, but I loved dealing with Brandon! Sad thing is I never wrote down his number. in the last month I have prolly talked to him about 10 times on the phone and cant find his number any where.

I still dont know the whole story..... I went to pay for a coin today and to my surprise Brandon Kelley is done with Jhone Cash. Jhone was extremely nice to me, but I loved dealing with Brandon! Sad thing is I never wrote down his number. in the last month I have prolly talked to him about 10 times on the phone and cant find his number any where.

As I compose this I am filled with a mixed bag of emotions, most of them wonderful. After much thought and reflection my wife and I decided that moving back to our sleepy little hometown in rural Louisiana would be best for our family. With our new baby daughter who is now a touch over nine months old, two full time working parents cannot give the time deserved for a daughter so precious to us. This and along with my wife unable to find a teaching position in anything other than schools where she simply does not feel safe and the countless hours of hard work go unappreciated by the caliber of students she has to endure on a daily basis. Watching my wife leave for work with tears in her eyes is simply not acceptable to me. Regardless of what anyone thinks, some coin dealers do not make enough money to support a family of five with a mortgage and a new baby on a single income to allow my wife to stay home and raise Stella. So, swallowing my pride and selling our house with a big chunk of our belongings and moving back to our hometown was not an easy decision to make but a neccissary one so that I can give my kids and wife the life they deserve. I will also be stepping down from my position at Jhon E. Cash since it would be unfair to put a burden on my, as of yesterday, former employer to operate at such a long distance.

I have always done what is best for my family and I have watched others who, due to pride, would never consider moving back to their hometown. The situation they were in deteriorated into a broken home, and in some cases, even far worse things. Pride was the very first sin according to the bible and its temptations are strong. Some may feel, even myself at times, that these actions I am taking are a sign of defeat. I have since come to realize that it is simply a step in the rigt direction with the only obstacle being my own pride.

If you have ever been to rural Louisiana, you will realize that it is a completely different world from urban areas. Life moves at a pace that allows you to take pleasure in the small things in life. That is where I want my family to grow. Both my wife and I have a combine 60+ relatives that are very close in that small community. It makes a diference every day when you go around town running errands and everybody knows everybody and you are always greeted with a smile. People down there may not have much, but what they have is cherished. With both sets of grandparents living only a few blocks away from each other, I know my kids will be showered with all the love and attention that they deserve and in turn they deserve to be close in the lives of their grandkids just as my wife and I were raised.

So, in conclusion, I will be away for awhile during the move and transition.....but you can bet your last pair of pants that I will be back by the end of the year. In the meantime, I will continue representing clients for auctions and will bring back my coin photography services. Any business i can get from photography until mid-june is greatly appreciated. I say until mid-june because I have other plans for the summer to make money through august. A certain board member here whom I consider a very close friend has offered me a great opportunity. When I return to coins full-time, however, I already have a financial backer whom I have been wanting to go into business with for years will allow me to resume with my coin dealings.

As for my relationship with Jhon, we are still good friends and I am helping him out to move some of the coins still in inventory and with some website modifications in relation to my familys decision to move. It it the perfect definition of an amicable departure from our business dealings together.

It has ben quite a wild ride for my family and I since I got in the coin business. Alot of memories, both good and not so good but every twisted path has brought me to this singularity in my life and I wouldnt have changed a thing about it.

So, in the meantime, I wish everyone well and I am here if you need advice or just wish to chat. My phone number will be the same but please use my temporary email I have set up of cajunpoorguy@gmail.com for email contact.

A lot of my favorite coins have some through Brandon. See below. Besides being talented numismatically he is a top photographer and just a genuinely sweet person. All photographed by BK...........MJ

1290116694.jpg

16455889.jpg

1936gettys.jpg

1245730578.jpg

1245624024.jpg

I was a regular customer of Anaconda and dealt with Brandon frequently. Since I no longer collect rainbow toned Morgan Dollars, I never purchased a coin from JhonECash while he worked there. Brandon is a very talented numismatic photographer and a phenomenal website designer. Those two skills are a great foundation for a rare coin dealer. My avatar is a Brandon Kelley photo of a Battle Creek Morgan Dollar.

MorganDollar1886NGCMS65StarBattl-5.jpg