• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is so special about this coin?

36 posts in this topic

it sure is a good thing we dont read minds to read what this one was thinking when they bid on it. they must want it pretty bad. jmo

The NGC price guide lists the value at $19,380.

it sure is a good thing we dont read minds to read what this one was thinking when they bid on it. they must want it pretty bad. jmo

With the buyer's premium, it will exceed that level.

Oh no doubt.

And to think, they could have bid on a nice looking 69 for more reasonable money.

It's now at $20,001 and with buyers premium that makes it $22,001! Regardless if you think its worth that much money or not, somebody wants it awfully bad. From my perspective, I don't get it. Think about it, out of the holder this coin is nothing. But in the holder, its everything based on the opinion of a grader. In essence you are paying for the opinion of a grader. Now I have a lot of confidence in NGC's graders, however not that much where I would pay over $20,000 for an opinion on a coin that is very common and inexpensive one grade lower. Maybe I should comb through rolls of SAE's in hopes of hitting the lottery! IMHO hm

Just another thought, Great Collections is going to make a mint on this one!

Gary

Oh no doubt.

And to think, they could have bid on a nice looking 69 for more reasonable money.

I agree, but will add, that the spotting on the example would bump it down to MS69 for me.