• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally ebay see's sense with non paying bidders

20 posts in this topic

its about time .. this loophole will be finally closed and you do not have to phone them to remove the unfair feedback left by disgruntled non payers when you open a case to get them to pay

MESSAGE received from ebay tonight

We want to protect you from unreasonable or abusive behaviour from buyers.

From May onwards, when you open an unpaid item claim case, all related Feedback and detailed seller ratings will be blocked or automatically removed. This applies whether you’re using Unpaid Item Assistant or not as long as PayPal is the only payment method and no local pick up is offered.

By introducing this change, we're aiming to ensure Feedback is an accurate and fair reflection of the service you provide, and will continue building a fair eBay trading environment.

I certainly agree. In the past, I had even had one fellow, deciding not to pay for a $425 coin because his credit card transaction did not go through practically boasting how he would send it back and post a neg if I opened a case. He did at least agree to cancel the transaction, saving me a wasted sellers fee but the whole thing left me super ticked and wondering about the process.

As strictly a buyer on ebay i can totally agree with this.If I decide to place a bid I fully intend to pay for the item if I win that auction.I do look at the feedback rating of any seller I plan on dealing with and to many negs would cause me to pass.At least now I know those negs are not there just out of spite from a non paying bidder!!!!

Should be a rule like this for insufficiently_thoughtful_person sellers. I got an unpaid complaint from a guy via ebay and then the guy left me a neg for non-payment. I call him a insufficiently_thoughtful_person because, before paypal, all payments were via check or money order (depending on the seller), I had asked him several times for an address to send the payment and this guy went comms out on me. I never got an invoice or any contact. After he cried his little eyes out, he finally sent me an address.. and I sent him the money order. This type of issue is a two way street.. there are pinhead buyers.. and pinhead sellers..

AND.. It took me about 6 months to get ebay to remove the comment from my profile.. geesh!

it's about time they did something about this. i sell many many coins on ebay and once a week there is always one that does not pay. i am always leery of opening a unpaid case because of blow-back from awful people.like i said,it's about time. danny fricker

Should be a rule like this for insufficiently_thoughtful_person sellers. I got an unpaid complaint from a guy via ebay and then the guy left me a neg for non-payment. I call him a insufficiently_thoughtful_person because, before paypal, all payments were via check or money order (depending on the seller), I had asked him several times for an address to send the payment and this guy went comms out on me. I never got an invoice or any contact. After he cried his little eyes out, he finally sent me an address.. and I sent him the money order. This type of issue is a two way street.. there are pinhead buyers.. and pinhead sellers..

AND.. It took me about 6 months to get ebay to remove the comment from my profile.. geesh!

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying, but sellers have not been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for quite some time. Which makes sense if your story dates to the pre-PayPal era. So, in summary, I think what you suggest already exists.

I agree with this rule except here...

This applies whether you’re using Unpaid Item Assistant or not as long as PayPal is the only payment method and no local pick up is offered.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? As a business owner I find that part a disgrace. What does that have to do with anything? Unpaid is unpaid.

it's about time they did something about this. i sell many many coins on ebay and once a week there is always one that does not pay. i am always leery of opening a unpaid case because of blow-back from awful people.like i said,it's about time. danny fricker

i know how you feel every sale i do now you will see "re-listed due to an non paying bidder" on a least a couple of items just to show watchers/under-bidders that i am not shill bidding on my items. never mind the wasted time and packaging the non-payers cost you.

As for the local pickup ? why put that in there .. just sound silly to me also

Seller bribery -

"We will make sure you do not get a negative as long as you only use PAYPAL and not have local pickup"

HUH

It is non-paying buyers leaving negative feedback.

The OP's post was regarding buyers leaving negative feedback for sellers. Kenneth's comment was the reverse, which is not a problem because sellers cannot leave negatives for buyers. That was my point.

they still need to do something about buyers who selectively pay

when I started if you got 3 NPBs (non paying bidder) you got NARUd (not a registered user)

since they decided they need buyers to collect fees from sellers, they let bidders selectively pay - > look at the feedback from this guy ->conchewski123

Well it happened and it was a pain in the 4th point of contact. He left his NEG on me, I responded saying "seller never provided address for payment".. seller became really friendly and sent address... payment was sent. I had that money order sitting on my desk for a while too. ha ha ha. Bottom line, some people really abuse the rating system on Ebay. Ill look at sellers feedback and Ill see pointless NEG ratings... like a NEG but the comments were "good price, fast shipping"... HUH?

I do think they should have gone further and stopped people giving neg's when you offer them a full refund on the return of a "issue" item and they dont, then leave bad feeback .. which i dont think is the sellers fault ?

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? As a business owner I find that part a disgrace. What does that have to do with anything? Unpaid is unpaid.

Because if you have local pick up they may have paid you in person.

Because if you have local pick up they may have paid you in person.

I guess I am not looking at it from a "lets screw ebay" stance... I am looking at it from a business point of view and making my customers happy.

My only neg in all the years that I dealt with Ebay was for a coin dealer who did not ship within 30 days of getting paid. I tried to have this unfair neg feedback removed and Eaby would not budge! I did nothing except pay this crook immediately, as I always do upon winning the auction. Why should I live with a neg feedback for years, from a thief?

I agree with this rule except here...

This applies whether you’re using Unpaid Item Assistant or not as long as PayPal is the only payment method and no local pick up is offered.

agreed