• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2004 Proof sets

10 posts in this topic

Anyone else get their's yet. Mine came today and I'm very satisfied. The strikes are much stronger I believe. The nickel with keel boat design looks awesome. The handshake version is ok. Most of the quarters are diappointing with the exception of the Iowa. Believe it or not, the Wisconsin is neat. That big 'ole fat cow head in all it's cameoed glory is something else! I'm still looking for flaws, but so far, everything looks great. thumbsup2.gif

Yes, I also got mine and was quite satisfied. I also liked the Wisconsin quarter - the cheese and cow look great in a nice cameo! laugh.gif

Hoot

the cheese and cow look great in a nice cameo!

That's what I said while watching yesterday's White House presidential portrait unveiling.

Heh heh,

Beijim

I received my sets today. With the exception of finger print 893frustrated.gif I was generally pleased. I think that this year's designs are nicer and more interesting than they have been in recent years. thumbsup2.gif

I bought just one set before seeing the singles of the jeffs being sold on ebay, so I grabbed a few sigles also. I think the strike of the jeffery type 1&2 are remarkable. I can only hope the next 2 years the designs are just as striking and pretty. The peace design didnt really impress me when the business strikes appeared, I hope the keel design looks better in MS.

my opinon, how ever insignificant gossip.gif

I noticed on my Sac. dollar, on the reverse rim, at about 12:45, there is a 'ding.' Almost the size of a ballpoint pen tip. Right above the F in OF towards the very outside edge. I'm thinking planchet flaw? Anyone else?

I noticed on my Sac. dollar, on the reverse rim, at about 12:45, there is a 'ding.' Almost the size of a ballpoint pen tip. Right above the F in OF towards the very outside edge. I'm thinking planchet flaw? Anyone else?

If the crater has a highly reflective finish like the rest of the fields, then it probably is a planchet flaw. It would seem that if it was a post-manufactured 'ding', then it would be marred somewhat under magnification. confused-smiley-013.gif