• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1818 Hannover 3 Mariengroschen -- GRADE REVEALED

10 posts in this topic

This one will be a little more difficult. It resides in a problem-free PCGS holder.

Even if you don't know the series, give it a shot!

126083.jpg.e16b90eae9085f281a4f2a69967aab7a.jpg

This is not my series (and not even the country or origin of most of my coins). I'll guess choice AU. I like the piece very much regardless of the grade.

P.S. Is there something going on with the second 8? It looks like there might be some doubling (whether a legitimate DDR or machine doubling, I cannot see enough to tell) or a RPD or some sort.

I'm torn between AU-58+++ and MS-64. I'm going to go with MS-64, based on the appearance of the fields, with some cabinet friction on the high points of the horse. This looks like a fantastic coin, at least, the parts I can see that aren't being obscured by that ridiculous holder. What a travesty. Additionally, the fields look at least semi-prooflike (because it is in a PCGS holder, it will not be so designated).

I really like this coin.

Any more guesses? I'll shut this one down later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks all for the guesses. It can be entertaining to try grading coins for a series you don't know!

The coin is graded MS62 by PCGS. I see no signs of circulation on the coin in hand, and the surfaces are certainly prooflike. You can visit her at this link as the newest member of the herd. :)

The dealer in Germany from whom I purchased her also had it TrueView photographed (below), but the luster shows better in my images.

17258961_Large.jpg

wowzers thats a pretty coin and nice image of a horse. I have a growing interest in darkside, how much did that coin cost if you dont mind sharing?