• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help posted by davidk

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Nickel Education!

I recently had a 1960 Nickel graded and I would like to know an approximate value from all of the nickel experts. I don't collect them and I received this one FREE and it seems as though there are none graded higher and this is only one of eight at this grade. Please tell me if I'm correct.

11338.JPG

See more journals by davidk

You are correct... this coin is top pop. There are only 2 that collectors might desire above it ( the MS65 5FS and MS66 5FS). Value is set at $50.00 in the NGC price guide... there are no listings for any in this grade in auction results in the coin explorer, and I found only 2 in the eBay completed listings search... one with an unknown reserve that did not sell, and one that did sell for $113.50 + 3.95 shipping.

Hope that helps.

The Full Step designation is not looked at automatically. A grade of MS67 is usually not a full step nickel. Full step nickels are in short supply in all years, especially the mid fifties thru the sixties.

Changed 1st sentence to read; The Full Step designation is looked at automatically on initial inspection at no additional charge.

Sorry for the confusion.

Doug