• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New crusty overdate.

4 posts in this topic

While doing some searches, I ran across Craig Keplinger's website with a couple of slabbed 8 Reales - an 1811 Mo-HJ in PCGS AU50 and an 1812 Mo-JJ in NGC AU58. Both were reasonably priced but lacked pictures, so I emailed Craig. Within a few hours he e-mailed me the pictures of both coins in their slabs and to my surprise the 1811 was the 1811/0 variety, and a crusty one, too! I called him right after and after a chat, he gave a break on the price for buying both. Very friendly guy. Looking forward to meeting him in Chicago one of these days.

The 1811/0 is Calbeto-864 and cataloged as rare. PCGS certified only one of these and two at NGC. This overdate comes-up from time to time in the auctions, but this is the first original looking AU example I've seen in a number of years.

Hope you like 'em crusty:

1811_0_mexico_8R_obv_pcgs.jpg

1811_0_mexico_8R_rev_pcgs.jpg

1811_0_mexico_8R_overdate_pcgs.jpg