• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cac submission ?

31 posts in this topic

im looking for help with possible cac submission.

Does anyone have direct submission availability that wants to help a fellow collector out?

If so, im curious what the cac fees are and what your fees for doing it would be?

I have about 4 or 5 morgans I would like to submit.

Any info, guidance, or help would be very appreciated!

Nick

Hi Nick,

I would be happy to help you with your submission.

I charge whatever CAC charges me (I believe the fee has recently increased or is about to increase to $12.50/coin), plus applicable postage.

You can send the coins to my PO box listed on my website and I will let you know when I have received them. If you decide to do so, please email me a tracking number, as well as your return address and desired insurance value for each coin.

Also, please feel free to ask any questions.

Mark, I would be interested in taking advantage of your service as well, but only if you charge me extra for it. I refuse to send you coins to submit to CAC if you only charge what CAC charges + postage.

Mark, I would be interested in taking advantage of your service as well, but only if you charge me extra for it. I refuse to send you coins to submit to CAC if you only charge what CAC charges + postage.

That would be fine. And I am flexible about the charges, when, as sometimes occurs, someone like yourself is nice enough to offer :)

I am in Ga which would help you east coast guys out on postage the only charge would be CAC's +postage If you insist on paying extra it will be $.01

Wheat

That would be fine. And I am flexible about the charges, when, as sometimes occurs, someone like yourself is nice enough to offer :)

Wow. I'll cut Mark's prices to you by 10%. ;)

Just kidding. Mark will treat you right.

:)

Mark, when you submit to CAC, would they have to return ship back to you in Cali or could they be sent directly to me here in NJ?

When I submit coins to CAC, I can note on the invoice, that the coins are to be returned directly to my customer.

Mark, when you submit to CAC, would they have to return ship back to you in Cali or could they be sent directly to me here in NJ?

When I submit coins to CAC, I can note on the invoice, that the coins are to be returned directly to my customer.

Excellent. Can you PM me an address to send the coins to?

Many thanks,

AJ

Similar to Mark, who is a person you can trust completely, I send coins to CAC for my clients and do not charge anything over the exact cost of the CAC submission plus postage. Additionally, CAC is willing to ship the coins back directly to my clients and this saves them extra postage. Mark is on the west coast and I am on the east coast if that matters to anyone. I have done this dozens of times for board members and it has always worked out well.

Excellent. Can you PM me an address to send the coins to?

Many thanks,

AJ

Done.

Hi Nick,

I charge whatever CAC charges me (I believe the fee has recently increased or is about to increase to $12.50/coin), plus applicable postage.

You can send the coins to my PO box listed on my website and I will let you know when I have received them. If you decide to do so, please email me a tracking number, as well as your return address and desired insurance value for each coin.

Good Afternoon, Mr. Feld.

A thought has attacked me, and while a useless one, I am certain, I wonder if a person sending a coin to you for forwarding to CAC, might not be served well if the person sent you a fee of sorts for preliminary review-as an example, if the CAC fee is $12.50, a pre-submittal review might be $5.00.

The person would be well served, the person would be paying for the postage both ways anyway, AND might learn from the experience. Your review would be along the lines of ..don't think it will cross the finish line...to ......has an opportunity to cross the finish line into CAC nirvana...., etc.

Yes, I know that you would never present yourself as a CAC pre-evaluator, but that is not what I am suggesting.

As I stated, just a useless thought.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Hi Nick,

A thought has attacked me, and while a useless one, I am certain, I wonder if a person sending a coin to you for forwarding to CAC, might not be served well if the person sent you a fee of sorts for preliminary review-as an example, if the CAC fee is $12.50, a pre-submittal review might be $5.00.

The person would be well served, the person would be paying for the postage both ways anyway, AND might learn from the experience. Your review would be along the lines of ..don't think it will cross the finish line...to ......has an opportunity to cross the finish line into CAC nirvana...., etc.

Yes, I know that you would never present yourself as a CAC pre-evaluator, but that is not what I am suggesting.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Thank you, John, and I hope that you recover from the attack that you experienced. I am sometimes attacked by thoughts, as well, and it can be very trying! ;)

A person would not be well served by what you suggested, because I typically provide that service, free of charge, without being asked. ;)

Hi Nick,

Respectfully,

John Curlis

Thank you, John, and I hope that you recover from the attack that you experienced. I am sometimes attacked by thoughts, as well, and it can be very trying! ;)

A person would not be well served by what you suggested, because I typically provide that service, free of charge, without being asked. ;)

I have not been clear....as usual.

That is the point. You already do this without being asked.

Anatomy of CAC Submission via Mr.Feld:

1) Request to send to CAC via Mr. Feld by the person.

2)Mr. Feld honors request.

3)Mr. Feld receives coin.

4)Mr. Feld looks at coin and forms a silent opinion (because he can't help himself from doing so, even though he wasn't asked).

5)He considers thumbs up or thumbs down.

6) He has choices: let the person know his thoughts, or don't let the person know and forward the coin as requested.

The dilemma is placed in front of all:

Mr. Feld has stated he provides this service without being asked.

But (blah,blah) what if the collector "uses" this to his/her advantage, (which we all will, because we are human) since it does not cost anything, since Mr. Feld already will give an opinion for FREE, and the person has the FELD REVIEW (consider tm here) at considerable cost and time to Mr. Feld?

At some point, something is going to misfire-either Mr. Feld will have to decline a request, because he is swamped, or he is not going to say anything because he is to darn nice, and the insult upon his time becomes awkward and interferring with his Right and Responsibility to earn a living and get paid for his knowledge, or he has a heart attack.

Some things should be free, but(blah blah) a heck of a lot of things should not be. The proposed gratis review is one that should not be.

One could even make a contra preferentum case here.......oops, another attack.

With Respect To All,

John Curlis

Not to step on anyone's toes, but CAC is accepting membership from collectors at this time.

And there hasn't been a price increase for collectors.

Not to step on anyone's toes, but CAC is accepting membership from collectors at this time.

If anyone who contacted me is able to become a member and submit on your own, that might be better for you. As a dealer, I am charged for each submission. But collectors are only charged for coins/submissions that receive stickers.

They expect you to be an ANA member in order to become a CAC member. I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

They expect you to be an ANA member in order to become a CAC member. I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

I don't think this is true unless they have either changed the process since my application was accepted (I was one of the last approved when they stopped accepting collector submissions), or I am forgetting something. I do think I was a member of the ANA at the time, but I don't remember disclosing this. I do remember, however, them asking for references.

Ankur, I think you might be mistaken. The website still shows collector membership as closed. I do know that they had a wait list at one point, but I imagine that this is pretty long.

With regards to the price increase for collectors, it goes after December 31, 2012 I believe.

Ankur, I think you might be mistaken. The website still shows collector membership as closed. I do know that they had a wait list at one point, but I imagine that this is pretty long.

With regards to the price increase for collectors, it goes after December 31, 2012 I believe.

There are now taking applications for membership. I've been in talks with CAC for a week now regarding this. And yes, I have 100% confirmed that ANA membership is a prerequisite for CAC membership.

May 1st they cut off new memberships, according to there website this will be for at least one year.

Nick

I didn't even notice this but the website says they cutoff membership in may of 2011. Still looks like membership is cutoff but who knows. They have a horrible website!

Nick

I agree that CAC's website could and should be improved to communicate more effectively. I also agree with Mark that if a collector can get accepted to directly submit to CAC then that is a very good strategy. Mark and I both get charged the $12.50 fee regardless of if a coin passes the CAC evaluation since we are dealer members, but at one time collector members were not charged if a coin failed the process.

The benefit of having someone like Mark, or even me, submit the coins to CAC for a collector is that we will both give our opinions of the coins prior to submission. Additionally, I also take images for folks and this can save postage if the two options (CAC and images) are bundled together. I do not know if Mark also offers an imaging service, but if so then that would be great to utilize.

No, as much as it pains me to say "Angie" was right ;), he is. I applied a couple of weeks ago and received my acceptance package in the mail today. Felt like a high school grad getting his college acceptance application :D

No, as much as it pains me to say "Angie" was right ;), he is. I applied a couple of weeks ago and received my acceptance package in the mail today. Felt like a high school grad getting his college acceptance application :D

I got mine on Tuesday! So, yeah, the info on their website is not quite accurate. AnkurJ actually led me to this since he was "in the know".

Coinman: Give them a ring and join up! I'll be sending them some coin soon once I get some time....it'll be fun to see what happens.

jom

You can't sign up, you have to apply to CAC. They do a mild screening process to make sure you are someone who knows what they are doing. ANA membership is part of that. A small, focused company like CAC doesn't want everyone in the world sending coins in, especially when they do not charge for coins that don't sticker.

May 1st they cut off new memberships, according to there website this will be for at least one year.

Nick

I suspect that you were reading from a March 2011 statement on their website. ;)

Here

And included in that statement was the following: "Membership will be closed after that date, at least through the end of 2011 and possibly beyond, according to John Albanese, founder and president of the company."

Apparently, membership was subsequently temporarily reopened.