• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ready to Pull The Trigger

12 posts in this topic

But my shop is closed!!!! Until Monday.

Gary inspired me, at the end of April, to seek out a Columbia SC 1936 commemorative half. It was Gary's May C.O.M. and I fell in love. Well I found one on Ebay for a reasonable price, pulled some outlier coins (coins that don't really fit any of my current collecting interests) and planned on going to California Numismatic Funding (they are great!!!) on Friday to sell my coins and get the 240.00 needed to by my Columbia. WELLLL, when I got to the shop, there was a big honkin sign on the door sayin, we're closed, will reopen on the 14th. DARN, now I have to wait until next Saturday to sell my coins, Luckily there is still plenty of time, as it is a BIN sale, and I have a backup, in a higher grade, also on BIN, both well below FMV, just in case my MS64 is snatched up.

They say patience is a virtue, I don't feel very virtuous right now.

Hope all your collecting efforts bear fruit this weekend, I am going to a car show with my Mustang tomorrow.

Later,

Malcolm

11294.JPG

See more journals by BeawChan

not to get off topic Malcolm,I just saw that picture of your mustang and just wanted to say one of my heroes just passed away. R.I.P Carrol Shelby

Wow, that is sad, But he lived a long good life and he got to drive his 1000 HP dream Shelby so I'm going to open a beer and wish him a fond farewell.

Malcolm

My condolences to you and your friend's family.

I am in agreement with Thane, Can you post a list of some coins that you are offering for sell.

P.s. Nice car

Have fun at the car show. We had one last week with about 400 cars and bikes. I live in a small town in southern North Carolina, that is a big show.

Best wishes,

Jack

Hey Jack,

Mr. Shelby was not any kin o f mine, he is just a very well respected name in the world of muscle cars, particularly Mustangs.

Guys,

The coins I am planning to sell are an eclectic bunch that are not part of any of my sets. they are:

2007-W, Silver Eagle, PCGS, PF69 First Strike Label.

2006-S Old San Fransisco Mint Dollar, NGC, PF69

2001-D Buffalo Dollar, PCGS, MS69

1884O ;Morgan Dollar, NGC, MS64, Olathe Hoard Label

LMK if interested, I will take them to my favored dealer NLT next Saturday.

Later,

Malcolm

Whoa, she's a beauty, and may I say a fine addition to HanA's 60% is good enough! Nice luster and an excellent strike, you won't be disappointed! Congratulations on such a great find Malcolm. All the best!

Gary

What makes our hobby so diverse though is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to the theme based collector, beauty is beyond skin deep. For example, the 1995 Eunice Kennedy Shriver Special Olympics commemorative is arguably one of the ugliest coins the United States has minted and in a way I agree with this assessment. Yet this special lady who has done so many beautiful things for so many under privileged people takes her rightful place in my Inspirational Ladies set and one day, she will be featured in a Coin of the Month post.

982932_Full_Obv.jpg

Gary