• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Picture post - Civil War 1/2 dollar - guess the grade if you want

11 posts in this topic

I don't normally post the same thing here that I do on the pcgs board, but I really like this coin and wanted to share it with more folks.....

Here's a coin I bought from Marmac (member who used to post on the pcgs boards) about 6 years ago or so....I met him at a local show and we did a show and tell (he had more than I did as, at that time, most of my collection was moderns). I saw this coin and liked it. We struck a deal. Marmac has/had a really good eye for appealing coins (he specialized in half-cents, and I bought a few of those from him 2 years ago), but he also grabbed some very nice non-half cents.

Here is a half dollar that he had, that I bought. I sent this, with about 24 of her closest friends, to TomB. He imaged some for me and sent the group up north to stickerville. This was one of about 3 that came back as a golden girl. There were 7, I think it was, that are coming back in the same clothing that they left in. The rest are getting a little seasick and will be showing up a bit green I hear.

So, without further ado, the pic that TomB took of this lil golden girl.....feel free to guess the grade if you would like.

What may look like a scratch on the upper obverse is a scratch on the holder, not the coin.

PS.... this coin is in a PCGS OGH

RF12.jpg

I can't believe that Mark Feld guy hasn't responded...he must really hate the coin

:baiting:

Ron, when you're right, you're right.

But that's not the case this time. :D

My grade guess is AU55, though AU58 would not surprise me. And regardless of the assigned grade, it looks to be a great example.

I don't normally post the same thing here that I do on the pcgs board, but I really like this coin and wanted to share it with more folks.....

Here's a coin I bought from Marmac (member who used to post on the pcgs boards) about 6 years ago or so....I met him at a local show and we did a show and tell (he had more than I did as, at that time, most of my collection was moderns). I saw this coin and liked it. We struck a deal. Marmac has/had a really good eye for appealing coins (he specialized in half-cents, and I bought a few of those from him 2 years ago), but he also grabbed some very nice non-half cents.

Here is a half dollar that he had, that I bought. I sent this, with about 24 of her closest friends, to TomB. He imaged some for me and sent the group up north to stickerville. This was one of about 3 that came back as a golden girl. There were 7, I think it was, that are coming back in the same clothing that they left in. The rest are getting a little seasick and will be showing up a bit green I hear.

So, without further ado, the pic that TomB took of this lil golden girl.....feel free to guess the grade if you would like.

What may look like a scratch on the upper obverse is a scratch on the holder, not the coin.

PS.... this coin is in a PCGS OGH

RF12.jpg

Have you checked into any other issues about this very attractive coin, besides the Grade? Just curious.

Respectfully,

John Curlis