• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fSpeaking of Heritagespeak

4 posts in this topic

Being the dummy that I appear to be about this type of thing, I would appreciate your help with understanding a descriptive line in Heritage's upcoming sale offering of a 1945 FSB Mercury Dime. Dimefreak brought up this auction, but I didn't wish to steal his post. If a coin is listed as Population of 43 in coins graded MS64fsb then how could there be 51 finer? Does that mean there are 51 graded higher than MS64FSB. Just wondering. Never paid any attention to POP reports.

Thanks'

Jim

Population: 43 in 64 Full Bands, 51 finer (4/12).

Edited to correct a typing error---Jim

Yes, populations are usually stated as X at the grade for the coin in question, with Y graded higher. So, based on the Heritage description, your understanding of the stated populations for FB 1945 dimes is correct.

Speaking of Heritage there buyers premium is going up to 17.5%. It was inevitable. Most collectables have been at this rate or higher for years. MJ