• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chapters In A Book

7 posts in this topic

Still working on my book around the Classic Commemoratives.

Don't know if it will ever be finished.

Gonna send my work to the right person in my Will if I kick the bucket before it's done. :)

My plan is to finish it before that time of course since I'm only 54. :)

Been working on it for over four years now. My Mom is still kick'n at 75 (with some major health problems) and one of my Grandmothers lived to 98, so I think that's enough time for me to get it done. :)

Besides all the fluff above: ;)

Here is my question:

I've read a ton of Numismatic Books. I prefer that everything around a particular coin is in one chapter and that's how I'm writing this book. That makes chapters longer, but I don't have to flip to three, four, or more other areas to get the information around a coin I'm interested in.

What are your thoughts? Am I on the right track?

PS I'm really struggling with a Cover Art Designer. Had one for over a year who then dropped my project out of the blue and now my second one accepted the project but I ain't got nothing from them to show for it in almost six months. It's been truly discouraging. :(

Just some trials and tribulations for those who work a book project on your own without a major publisher to assist.

Agree fully that all relevant info about each particular coin should be in one single continuous thread, including of course the photo(s), and also preferably laid out so that as much as possible, different coins aren't sharing parts of the same page.

As for the cover art, please just consider doing your own personal design, perhaps placing on the front cover a drop-dead-gorgeous photo of the best side of your most attractive coin, enlarged to fill almost the whole cover, and then below it a page-link to where all the information about that coin is presented. Then do another similar eye-catching photo for the back cover, instead of the usual blurb(s). Put the book title along the top front cover margin in large thick letters, along with author's name, so they both can be easily read by someone who needs reading glasses, but who forgot them. Along the bottom of the back cover leave space for the bar code and ISBN number.

I'd rather have everything on a coin in one chapter, too.

As for your book cover, you may want to contact Roger Burdette to see if the cover designer for his ROAC series might be interested.

That sounds great Lee. 1 coin per chapter with everything you could ever need to know!!

Now get the book written so I can buy it!!

I like everything together as well. With a large book I seem to study one chapter at a time and note what I have finished.

Having a little experience with trying to publish I know it can be a long road.

Just wanted to throw in my encouragement. One step at time is the way to climb any mountain!