• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do World coin (Newfoundland) varieties match Krause or Charlton book?

4 posts in this topic

I am asking with regards to (Canadian maritime) Newfoundland 20 cent 1899 varieties. The Krause book I have shows a Large 99 variety and a Hook 99 variety but the registry shows a small 99 and a large 99. (I have both large and small types in my registry set)

I can tell you that there is a distinct difference between Small 99, Large 99 and Hooked 99 as seen in the Charlton book.Can a Hooked 99 variety be added to the registry set?

The reason I am asking is that I recently obtained a nice 1899 Hooked 99, and would like to submit it but will NGC recognize the Hooked 99 variety?

I hope I made sense.... :)

Have a great day

Jim

Nemo,

I am pretty sure they will if it appears as a seperate variety in Krause. A better place for this question, though, is in the NGC Registry section where you just might get an answer that matters in this case (i.e. someone from NGC)