• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help needed , please checkout !! posted by fiberglaz

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Help needed , please checkout !!

I have bought this "coin" some time ago and im trying to found info what is it. Im not sure is it a coin at all, some kind play coin, token,...pattern?

Details are exactly as 5$ 1857 face side has. Material, i belive, is copper. Weight 1,95g , diam.22mm and 0,8mm deep.

So tell me what a hell this is?

backside of coin is negative image from face side. i dont know how to add more photos here. i can email that if asked.

i dont think this is any play coin because they are not made to this similar with real ones..

11177.JPG

See more journals by fiberglaz

Your Obverse (face side) image appears to be a 1852 Matron Head Modified--Braided Hair coin.

The reverse (back side) of the actual coin has lurel reefs with -- One Cent -- within the center of the field. The words -- United States of America is along the rim of the reverse.

R.S. Yeoman's book, A Guide Book of United States Coins (current year of publication) page 104- 108 provides detailed information on this coin.

I am pretty new in collecting coins. Don't rush to judgement that this is not a real coin. Chances are your coin is NOT a coin but, in some unique circumstances, it COULD be authentic.

Hint given to all collectors: research, research and more research. You started at a great place to learn by posting to this board. I hope others will add to my comments.

Best wishes in your adventures,

Jack