• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malaya 5 cent

6 posts in this topic

Hi all just wondering about this coin ,, it is a 1948 five cent and it has a dot below the bust but i cannot find any reference to this in any of my books ?

coinsforsale163.jpg

I wonder if it has to do with India's independence? Just like the Canadian coins with the Maple leaf.

I wonder if it has to do with India's independence? Just like the Canadian coins with the Maple leaf.

interesting idea .. i think this coin was minted in Birmingham UK ? was the Canadian ones. also i think the mint mark on the I coins is below the bust near the rim ?

I'd say that this is not going to be anything desirable unless you can get the masses of Malaya collectors to care. You'll have to convince Krause to put that in their catalog and I don't see that happening.

Generally, don't those random dots usually form from some sort of foreign object that has fallen on the die? (shrug)