• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1869 INDIAN PENNY PROOF

14 posts in this topic

Again, I will say, it is impossible to grade a coin from GSCs images. They are known to use manipulated images. Again I really strongly suggest you steer clear of this seller.

I doubt the coin is cameo. It may be proof however I would bet it has surface issues or something else not visible in the juiced up GSC picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item43ae5ee5bb&item=290688263611&nma=true&pt=Coins_US_Individual&rt=nc&si=Q0GWMyC0Q8IVgDoXFkKfxr2S0f4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Do yourself a favor and stop buying raw coins from these people , they over grade by as much as 5 points and many of their coins have surface issues which would put the coin in a details holder if sent into a TPG.

For the $1775 you paid for this coin you could have purchased a certified PF 64 Cameo. I think when you get the coin in hand you will understand .

Do yourself a favor and stop buying raw coins from these people , they over grade by as much as 5 points and many of their coins have surface issues which would put the coin in a details holder if sent into a TPG.

This is a vast understatement; describing whizzed, AU coins as "gem bu" is a larger gap than 5 points.

P.S. I'm not trying to be nit-picky here, but I think you meant PF64 Cameo at the bottom of your post. I know it was a typo (and you know the difference), but I think that anyone purchasing from this particular seller (and who believes that you can grade supposed high end proof 19th century type coins by images) has a high probability of being new to the field, and I wanted to make sure that the OP understood/understands the difference.

It is impossible to accurately grade a brilliant proof coin from images such as those. That said, I doubt that is much of a chance at all of this being designated as a cameo from PCGS or NGC.

This is a vast understatement; describing whizzed, AU coins as "gem bu" is a larger gap than 5 points.

P.S. I'm not trying to be nit-picky here, but I think you meant PF64 Cameo at the bottom of your post. I know it was a typo (and you know the difference), but I think that anyone purchasing from this particular seller (and who believes that you can grade supposed high end proof 19th century type coins by images) has a high probability of being new to the field, and I wanted to make sure that the OP understood/understands the difference.

Note that I said many of their coins have surface issues along with the overgrading comment . I think most including yourself know how I feel about GSC . What you never heard of Ms Cameo ? :grin: