Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1869 INDIAN PENNY PROOF

14 posts in this topic

Again, I will say, it is impossible to grade a coin from GSCs images. They are known to use manipulated images. Again I really strongly suggest you steer clear of this seller.

I doubt the coin is cameo. It may be proof however I would bet it has surface issues or something else not visible in the juiced up GSC picture.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item43ae5ee5bb&item=290688263611&nma=true&pt=Coins_US_Individual&rt=nc&si=Q0GWMyC0Q8IVgDoXFkKfxr2S0f4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Do yourself a favor and stop buying raw coins from these people , they over grade by as much as 5 points and many of their coins have surface issues which would put the coin in a details holder if sent into a TPG.

For the $1775 you paid for this coin you could have purchased a certified PF 64 Cameo. I think when you get the coin in hand you will understand .

Do yourself a favor and stop buying raw coins from these people , they over grade by as much as 5 points and many of their coins have surface issues which would put the coin in a details holder if sent into a TPG.

This is a vast understatement; describing whizzed, AU coins as "gem bu" is a larger gap than 5 points.

P.S. I'm not trying to be nit-picky here, but I think you meant PF64 Cameo at the bottom of your post. I know it was a typo (and you know the difference), but I think that anyone purchasing from this particular seller (and who believes that you can grade supposed high end proof 19th century type coins by images) has a high probability of being new to the field, and I wanted to make sure that the OP understood/understands the difference.

It is impossible to accurately grade a brilliant proof coin from images such as those. That said, I doubt that is much of a chance at all of this being designated as a cameo from PCGS or NGC.

This is a vast understatement; describing whizzed, AU coins as "gem bu" is a larger gap than 5 points.

P.S. I'm not trying to be nit-picky here, but I think you meant PF64 Cameo at the bottom of your post. I know it was a typo (and you know the difference), but I think that anyone purchasing from this particular seller (and who believes that you can grade supposed high end proof 19th century type coins by images) has a high probability of being new to the field, and I wanted to make sure that the OP understood/understands the difference.

Note that I said many of their coins have surface issues along with the overgrading comment . I think most including yourself know how I feel about GSC . What you never heard of Ms Cameo ? :grin: