• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof sets

2 posts in this topic

are a great way to collect coins I normally don't.

Howdy Friends and fellow collectors,

Silver proof coins have held my attention for the last few years and as my collection of these coins has grown my appreciation for other coins of the era has also. I love proof coins, especially 1950-1964 Franklin & Kennedy half dollars but I have wanted to collect some of the other coins for some time so I started a collection of proof Quarters and Dimes and recently completed the 1964 proof set. Decided to start collecting proof sets as a way to acquire coins I normally don't collect and have made good progress on the 1955,1958,1961 and 1964 proof sets in particular.

Some recent additions to these sets are a great 1955 PF68 Washington Quarter,a 1964 PF68RD Lincoln Cent, a 1961 PF68 Washington Quarter and most recently a 1958 PF68 Jefferson Nickel. The wheat back cents are especially fascinating and I hope to add some of these wonderful coins in the coming weeks and months.

Here is a composite photo of the PF68 1958 Jefferson Nickel I just received this past week,

Happy collecting friends,

Merlin8*

11134.jpg

See more journals by Merlin8*