• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin show purchase with new pics

16 posts in this topic

Walking around the Grapevine, TX show today, saw this Braided Hair Half Cent that I couldn't live without. Ended up swapping off a couple of my "maybe" pieces to raise the funds for it.

fcd49de6.jpg

fcd49de5.jpg

Then, rescanned my other Half Cent so that picture size was consistent. Will be rescanning my older pics here and sharing them as they are done every once in a while:

fcd49de4.jpg

fcd49de3.jpg

Very pretty coins Keith. I especially like your newest purchase. The "maybes" are always worth swapping for a solid coin such as that. smile.gif

Hoot

Both coins are AU-58s of similar quality. The 1851's holder is pretty scuffed up, so it looks a little muddy in the pictures. I had been looking for the Classic Head Half Cent for a long time. In this grade range, they tend to have a lot of spotting and coloration problems. This one has a little minor coloration that looks almost like rust in a few spots, but overall caught my eye, and the strike is great on it.

Hey does the 1828 have a rotated error and die crack between the 8 & 2?

For coins of this time period, rotated dies aren't really considered errors, but the norm. This piece has the reverse rotated 45 degrees from where it should be. As to the mark between the 2 and the 8, can't decide it if is a mild scratch or a die break yet. Still working on that one.

I have seen people pay more than the usual for the rotated reverse on old coins. So to me it would be an error no matter how common. It was not suppose to happen. It sure looks like a die break from the picture.

COINHOLEIO

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

Classic Head Half Cents are one of my favorite series. I love 'em. I finally broke down to keeping one, and selling off the others I had. Tough decisions doing that stuff. Nice pics! smile.gif