• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First CAC Submission results in....

35 posts in this topic

Not as stellar as Coinkid with his multiple Gold CAC stickers but I guess anytime you can bat 100% there isn't much to complain about. This was a submission of my NGC 2.0's and 2.1 old holders and then I threw in a CC Morgan recently graded and a killer toned Frankie. I didn't know CAC doesn't certify Ikes so that one didn't get looked at...

CACresults.jpg

A big thanks goes out to Mark Feld for his assistance with the submission form :applause:

And do you feel validated now? In all seriousness, I truly want to know your motive for submitting these to CAC. Did you question the authenticity of the toning? Did you question the grades? Were you trying to make them more liquid? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I really want to know.

And do you feel validated now? In all seriousness, I truly want to know your motive for submitting these to CAC. Did you question the authenticity of the toning? Did you question the grades? Were you trying to make them more liquid? I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I really want to know.

Maybe he was aiming for a gold bean...Gold bean coins are selling for multiples of the grade above in many instances. CAC is also educational. Liquidity could also be a factor.

Probably. Your ex-half was gorgeous, and it certainly deserves a CAC sticker.

I asked this in another thread but didn't really get an answer. I want anyone who can chime in on this. What does "gorgeous" have to do with the CAC sticker? I thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, the CAC sticker is to show that the coin in question was an "A" or "B" graded coin (average or above) by the TPG. Just because a coin is graded correctly doesn't mean it's beautiful, right? It's simple graded correctly. And the converse could be true also. CAC could very well NOT sticker a beautiful coin if they consider it over-graded, right?

To me an NGC "star" implies beauty...it's a reflection of eye-appeal. I thought that CAC wasn't doing that.

Again, I could be way off base here...but I'm curious. hm

jom

I asked this in another thread but didn't really get an answer. I want anyone who can chime in on this. What does "gorgeous" have to do with the CAC sticker? I thought, and correct me if I'm wrong, the CAC sticker is to show that the coin in question was an "A" or "B" graded coin (average or above) by the TPG. Just because a coin is graded correctly doesn't mean it's beautiful, right? It's simple graded correctly. And the converse could be true also. CAC could very well NOT sticker a beautiful coin if they consider it over-graded, right?

To me an NGC "star" implies beauty...it's a reflection of eye-appeal. I thought that CAC wasn't doing that.

jom

While eye appeal is a factor in grading, I didn't mean for my statement to imply that the coin deserved a sticker because of the toning. I should have made those two clauses separate sentences; I was sloppy.

I think that's a fair question....no harm in asking but yes I was hoping for some Gold Beans as these are all old holders and I thought several of them were upgrades. I also knew that there was really no downside since I paid $10 per coin to CAC them and based on my sales of CAC approved coins they easily sell for $10 or more above their non cac'd counterparts in the market place. The CC morgan and the Frankie I threw in as I thought they were solid for the grade and again it does make the coins more liquid when it come time to sell. I didn't believe it when I heard the hype when CAC first came out but the market has spoken and they do trade at higher prices even sight seen so I won't lose any money on the submission and I learned that perhaps I need to fine tune my grading a bit more since some of the coins I thought were lock upgrades were simply solid for the grade. (thumbs u

Simply said, CAC coins sell faster and usually for more money. For those in denial just look over heritage auction records. The proof is in the pudding.

Simply said, CAC coins sell faster and usually for more money. For those in denial just look over heritage auction records. The proof is in the pudding.

All my coins sell in the same amount of time. $.99 7 days no reserve

jom

Eye appeal is a component of grade, so you really cannot tease apart the two terms.

I think that's a fair question....no harm in asking but yes I was hoping for some Gold Beans as these are all old holders and I thought several of them were upgrades. I also knew that there was really no downside since I paid $10 per coin to CAC them and based on my sales of CAC approved coins they easily sell for $10 or more above their non cac'd counterparts in the market place. The CC morgan and the Frankie I threw in as I thought they were solid for the grade and again it does make the coins more liquid when it come time to sell. I didn't believe it when I heard the hype when CAC first came out but the market has spoken and they do trade at higher prices even sight seen so I won't lose any money on the submission and I learned that perhaps I need to fine tune my grading a bit more since some of the coins I thought were lock upgrades were simply solid for the grade. (thumbs u

Come on Shane, admit it, you just wanted to be the only guy with NGC 2.0's and 2.1's with CAC stickers. I wonder how that green sticker stands out against all that white?

I almost bought that CC at the FUN show. It was raw than. :baiting:

No, in all honesty from what I can see that 1881S on top looks like a gold bean to me!

I almost bought that CC at the FUN show. It was raw than. :baiting:

No, in all honesty from what I can see that 1881S on top looks like a gold bean to me!

I agree with you regarding the 1881-s. I think CAC is more conservative with gold bean stickers than the TPGs are with the one additional point in grading.

NGC was also tough on the last CC dollar. I'm surprised that the coin didn't receive at least the plus designation. The TPGs are generally more liberal, in my opinion, on the Carson City Morgan Dollars anyway so the designated grade surprises me.

The luster on that WLH must be really good because at first glance that coin doesn't scream MS66. Of course, I am looking at a single group photo of the obverse and reverse so the coin itself has not been singled out for the best possible (most accurate) representation.

The luster on that WLH must be really good because at first glance that coin doesn't scream MS66. Of course, I am looking at a single group photo of the obverse and reverse so the coin itself has not been singled out for the best possible (most accurate) representation.

He has posted the coin here before. When the coin is viewed individually, and a close-up is performed, the coin looks solid for the grade.