• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS65FBL 1951-S Franklin

5 posts in this topic

This is the first time I've posted this coin. I bought it over a year ago, via Heritage, as an upgrade for my set, and finally have decent photos of it courtesy of Shane Canup who I think did an excellent job of imaging the coin. Finding a well struck nicely toned '51-S is a real bear.

sc1951S_65fblFR.jpg

sc1951S_65fblFRrev.jpg

Fantastic color! Finding any well-struck S mint Franklin is really hard. How are the top lines on your piece? They are really the challenge with S mints. I chose a white piece for my collection, but it is also well struck:

1035959_Full_Rev.jpg

Thank you for all the kind words guys. I was browsing through the boxes at the Sacramento ANA auction and stumbled across this coin. There was no picture of the coin in the catalogue, so I had no idea that the coin was anything special until I saw it in hand... and then it was a Whoaaa moment. As Jason mentions, finding ANY well struck S mint Frankie is really difficult (especially IMO the early 1950's group), but then to find one with top notch colors for the date/mm was like, Score!

Fantastic color! Finding any well-struck S mint Franklin is really hard. How are the top lines on your piece?...

The top lines are good too. I was a very happy camper when I found this one. Sweet looking reverse on yours Jason.