• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP

9 posts in this topic

i want to sell my coins but i don't know this coin is real or just a fake so i need someone to prove it directly please help me

i'm living in vietnam if someone want to buy it or help me to prove it please email me : khiem00thay@yahoo.com or you can add my nick khiem00thay so we can discuss directly

thank you so much

i don't know how to post image here T_T but i know my coin is a 1804 1 usd coin please contact me to have pictures

Welcome.

We don't need to see an image to be able to tell you that the chances of it being genuine are very close to zero. The genuine examples have been well documented and traced, and there are thousands of copies/fakes. Yours is almost certainly one of those copies.

See here for some images of different types of counterfeit Bust Dollars, including the 1804.

It is doubtful that the coin is legitimate as the 1804 dollar is an American rarity, and I believe that all known specimens are already in museums or private collections. If you don't know how to post images, create an account with Photobucket.com and upload your images. Then copy the links. Simply type in the following formula, and your pictures will show.

URL of IMAGE here

It would be interesting to know the ratio of genuine 1804 S$1 to copies/fakes/counterfiets.

Got to be at least 100,000:1.

Over the years I have seen seen examples of fake 1804 U.S. silver dollars that were made in Asia, actually China to be exact. I have no doubt that this is one of them.