• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally, Option 3 by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

10 posts in this topic

Bammer the black background sure looks better than the pink!! Maybe with some change on lighting ( lights or CAMERA ADJ.) the coin will pop out a little more.

Later---Rick

Hi Bammer..your photos have really gotten great. The hours of tweeking have paid off.....

by the way, I once saw an interesting set in the registry where the owner used one color background for NGC coins ( bronze?) and a different color for PCGS ( navy blue)....

Can I choose option 4: None of the above?

1: The Pepto Pink is disgusting!

2: Too saturated... hurts my eyes

3: Still too saturated...

Maybe a low saturated green would work... something that will go with silver and gold.

S.

Hmmm, I think Jackson's idea is worth exploring. Bammer, I'm sure whichever option you choose or none of the above will be good. I agree your pictures are really coming along. I look forward to seeing how this ends up.

Gary

Hi Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

Nice photography. Option one is is a no starter. Option two and three both look very nice. Out of the three options I like the lighter blue (option 2) best. The problem with any color background is that it is difficult to find a neutral color that will work with every coin. Personaly I prefer a simple white or black background.

I noticed that you posted option two three times before you attached the picture. You can deleate error posts by clicking on Edit Journal Entry. When you are in edit mode go to the bottom of the screen and click deleate.

Keep up the good work. I really enjoy reading your Journals.

I prefer black, light gray, or white any other color makes it difficult for my eyes to see the coin because the brighter color overwhelms my eye. I find black seems to work best for most coins when the lighting and contrast are properly applied. Your photos are great!