• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Doubling on my Buffalo

4 posts in this topic

Recently bought this 1937, NGC MS-67, Buffalo for my set. Saw this interesting doubling on the date, above the "937". Just thought it was interesting. There's nothing listed in the current Cherry Picker's guide. It doesn't look like it's machine doubling.

date500x369.jpg

Actually, it does look like machine doubling. I don't see any split serifs.

Cherrypickers Guide only lists a few of the more popular and collectible varieties, it is in no way meant to be a complete guide.

Actually, it does look like machine doubling. I don't see any split serifs.

Cherrypickers Guide only lists a few of the more popular and collectible varieties, it is in no way meant to be a complete guide.

You're probably right. It didn't look shelf-like which is what I thought was the key thing to look for with machine doubling.

It looks like machine doubling to me too; however, I still find it fascinating. This is the sort of item that I would probably pay $5 or $10 extra just to have because I think it is neat. I realize that others would not pay any premium.