• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mexican gold 2 peso anyone?

10 posts in this topic

Mary,

It appears to be a nice coin, but the picture is too poor to make a good guess at a grade. It looks like it might be something you would want to keep!

PS Sent you a message, check above under "My Stuff"

Peso went in the stash, wondered if it would be worth getting slabbed. Will have to work on getting a better picture of it.

Don't bother getting this slabbed. The coin and the date (1945) make it a bullion piece that is worth $85 to $90 dollars depending upon the price gold. Many restrikes (coins struck of old dies at dates later than shown on the coin) have been made of these, and they have no numismatic value.

As the picture, the photo is way over exposed. You will have to lower the exposure time, put less light on the subject or lower your EV exposure levels to get a better shot.

Bill,

I agree on both counts. Definitely not worth slabbing. I am still working on improving my own photos but your suggestions sound valid. Lighting seems to be the greatest problem in getting the most out of your camera.

I am using a cell phone for a camera so not a lot of control outside lighting. Will have to work on it more. Getting okay on silver but gold has me stumped. Such a tiny coin too and that makes it ten times harder.

It does have that fine scratch look doesn't it? Didn't notice it until you pointed it out! Thanks, helps me be more critical of how I look for things. Only cleaning I gave it was an acetone bath to remove tape residue. Seller packing taped it to a sheet of paper for shipping.