• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slipping Fast by CaptBrian1

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just when I take a break...

Just when I take a break, everyone goes out and finds coins to buy and submarine my coveted 200th ranking, now I have disappeared into the fog at 213. Geezo, I have bills to pay and 7 or 8 children to feed, a travel agent with two kids in college who needs my money. Not much left for coins. Guess I will have to get a 2nd job.

So as I peruse the want ads, will you folks stop being so loose with your money and allow me a breather so I can catch up to my old ranking?

Coin purse empty.

Thanks in advance.

PS looking for some Charlotte or Dehlonega mints

See more journals by CaptBrian1

Hi, If it makes you feel better, I bet you would be much higher in the ranking if NGC cleaned up the old, obscured sets in the registry. I checked out the "Cardinal collection", currently ranked #35 with over 735,000 points. All of these sets are obsured. Not sure why this collection is still in the ranking. Anyone else notice this in other collections and care to comment? Am I off base is thinking sets that are obscured should be taken off the rankings? I feel like I am competing with "ghosts".