• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out my new colonial purchase

16 posts in this topic

It looks to be a nice coin, but I'm no expert when comes to New Jersey cents. Here is the one from collection which fills the hole in my set. As an added bonus this piece was struck at the Morristown, NJ mint. I used to live in that area many years ago.

1787NJCentO.jpg1787NJCentR.jpg

Nice pickup. I like those early coppers. Here's one of my early coins, I can't help but show it off.

3pence2.jpg

3pence.jpg

That is very nice. (thumbs u That might be the one I should have bought in a VF-35 holder at a Baltimore show several months ago. I did end up with an AU-55 that was a little nicer, but if bought that one I would have saved a few thousand.

The think about Mass. silver is that it does not have any microscopic detail in the design like a "LIBERTY" on a shield or an "IN GOD WE TRUST" on a ribbion. Therefore a nice VF can have a similar general look to a high end VF.

Nice pickup. I like those early coppers. Here's one of my early coins, I can't help but show it off.

3pence2.jpg

3pence.jpg

That is very nice. (thumbs u That might be the one I should have bought in a VF-35 holder at a Baltimore show several months ago.

Well this one is in a PCGS AU-55 holder and I bought it many years ago.

Well this one is in a PCGS AU-55 holder and I bought it many years ago.

Looks like I stuck my foot in it. :facepalm: Like I said these things are not the easiest coins to grade.

Here's the AU-55 I bought recently. My piece is an earlier die state, but yours is probably better.

PineTree3PenceO.jpgPineTree3PenceR.jpg