• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Princeton University Collection

16 posts in this topic

I stumbled along this while searching for something on google.

Quite a nice collection! Some were obviously cleaned. They are obviously all raw, and some were cleaned years ago. Im hoping the curator of this collection doesnt touch them.

Very interesting collection in any case!

Princeton Collection

Ankur

Alan Stahl curated that exhibit (he is the Curator of Numismatics at the Firestone Library, and was formerly at ANS). He is very well known, and has a Ph.D. in History (I think). He has authored/edited numerous books and articles, mostly about American medals and medieval European coinage.

Im going to try to arrange a get together with collectors in the area to visit the museum on a Saturday next month. If anyone in the tristate area is interested let me know!

Should be a neat trip ... All the fun without worrying about spending too much :insane:

Enjoy!

True, but the only downside is you can't bring anything home! lol

Should be a neat trip ... All the fun without worrying about spending too much :insane:

Enjoy!

True, but the only downside is you can't bring anything home! lol

Sure you can as your on a college campus ;)

Congrats Keyman! I don't think the exhibit is open year round though.
Thanks. My daughter who is 7 got to go to Princeton a few months ago when Princeton flew my niece's immediate family out to NJ for the recruiting trip...so my daughter has gone there for a couple of days which is cool. She traveled up there with grandma to take in the sights of higher education. :)

This would make for a nice side-trip from the Philly ANA show this summer. It's only about an hour from Philadelphia to Princeton. I wonder if the ANA would try to facilitate a day trip for interested parties.

If the ANA were interested in getting involved in securing and scheduling a private showing, it could become opened for such an event even if not normally scheduled to be.

I certainly would be up for a side trip to Princeton myself,

either before or immediately after the ANA convention.

Broadstruck, you can give us a guided tour of

the co-Ed's !

:roflmao:

Just because you're a "kid" in my eyes, doesn't make you

a "kid" in the co-Ed's eyes.

Well, they weren't interested in a class on research with a guided side trip to NARA in Philadelphia. Maybe there will be interest in viewing the Princeton collection.