• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An interesting day!!! posted by G G's Keepers

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Oh the wheat and indian coppers----

Hey Buds,

I had a swell time with Ken today as we met to talk about coin stores, grading, and customers. I went through a bunch of coins and found 3 DDOs and a Indian Head from the 60s with a broken 6. We did allot of talking and less grading I guess trying to find out about each other.My son and I met him at his house, with two daughters and his wife. He will be opening a coin store in Greenville, SC soon and is trying to get his ducks in a row.

After We left from there with a 1955 DDO as a gift We went to a friends silver and gold store for a visit. He pulled out a rack of large 1c and 2c coins. Most in G to XF grades and told me I just missed the better ones. I thanked him for not calling me to let me know he had them.

So it was a great day for COPPERS in my world.

Have a GOOD, SAFE, EASTER WEEKEND

See more journals by G G's Keepers

Sorry Jay, Your gonna have to do without a pic till I get a lens later this month for our new camera. I have been saving again and told myself---NO MORE COINS---until I get the lens. I do miss taking pics and loading them up. I have purchased so many coins in the last two years since our camera was stolen that it will take a long time to catch up on pics.

Later----Rick

Sorry to hear about your camera.for me that would be a tough decision,coins or camera.probably more coins.what grade would you guess your 55 ddo to be.

I would say lower AU. It has been placed in a round glass cabinet in my office where I keep objects that are gifts of cool sorts that I have received over my lifetime. It is my time capsule from youth to now. It has some pretty cool stuff in it.

Later----Rick