• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Coin Mart

36 posts in this topic

After buying many silver items from Modern Coin Mart on ebay as well as direct, they banned me from bidding on any of their stuff on ebay because I left them a single neutral feedback regarding a Silver Maple Leaf quality issue. Too much trouble to return it at my expense so I let it ride. Before that I had always given them positive feedback. Their shipping times as well as customer service, at least on ebay, has declined because, they say, "they are just so darned busy!!" Apparently much too busy to take any more of my money! I won't fall for their feedback extortion as described in ebay policy terms. They practically demanded that I change my feedback to positive. I didn't, they banned me.... Oh well. At the end of the day, I really don't care. There are plenty of quality dealers out there that appreciate the customer as well as the customer's money. No skin off my nose.....

Scottsdale Silver or Aydin coin never treated me this way. Fast, free shipping as well as great customer relations from them.

Timflan-

Sorry to hear about your experience. As for being banned, we have the same policy that many other large sellers have. Whenever less than positive feedback is left on eBay you are added to a block list until it is resolved which it is the vast majority of the time. I will look at emails today and ask our salespeople about the situation then PM you and hopefully we can all be happy,

John Maben

CEO, ModernCoinMart

Timflan-

Sorry to hear about your experience. As for being banned, we have the same policy that many other large sellers have. Whenever less than positive feedback is left on eBay you are added to a block list until it is resolved which it is the vast majority of the time. I will look at emails today and ask our salespeople about the situation then PM you and hopefully we can all be happy,

John Maben

CEO, ModernCoinMart

Good Morning Mr. Maben.

That is a very nice gesture, and what I would expect of a CEO.

The only comment I would have, and I admit it is not of any great value, is that a banning policy based on a "I don't like something about your company", seems a little counter productive. I understand that it is a policy that other sellers have, but it seems to me that legitimate concerns via feedback should not generate a block. I am not referring to the unreasonable/hateful/out to harm type of comments. If what Mr. Timflan states is in fact what happened, I would think this would be handled in the open, for all to see, and to see the fairness and equity response of your Company to a customer. I can see how a block would be put in place and be a cautious move to prevent further damage in case it is a cyber hate attack by a person acting out of malice. But is it maybe more useful to reach out with immediate contact to determine the legitimacy of the complaint, and if it is an honorable complaint and not intended to harm with malice, to openly address the complaint, and let other clients see the positive response from your Company? :foryou:

Just a passing thought that was on my mind this morning.

No response is needed.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

I hear you, but unfortunately if you are familiar with eBay you probably know that many buyers, especially inexperienced buyers leave less than positive feedback that are not deserved. Additionally, a buyer can leave a negative for each and every item even though the gripe may only pertain to one item. eBay has a policy that before leaving less than positive feedback a buyer should contact the seller. Most do not.

In this case a message was sent apologizing for a delay. The order was paid for on Jul 28th and shipped 5 days later on Aug 1st. This is unusual for us and I assume all the other transactions that the buyer mentions were satisfactory. Most customers understand if we are a bit outside of our standard 1-2 processing time due to heavy volume. Overall, I think we are among the fastest to deliver. Customer also stated coin had a ding on it so we offered an exchange or return, neither of which was acceptable to the customer.

I am still reaching out to try and make it right. Reality is with over 10,000 transactions a month on eBay alone, some will go awry despite best efforts.

John

Timflan-

John Maben

CEO, ModernCoinMart

Good Morning Mr. Maben.

That is a very nice gesture, and what I would expect of a CEO.

The only comment I would have, and I admit it is not of any great value, is that a banning policy based on a "I don't like something about your company", seems a little counter productive. I understand that it is a policy that other sellers have, but it seems to me that legitimate concerns via feedback should not generate a block. I am not referring to the unreasonable/hateful/out to harm type of comments. If what Mr. Timflan states is in fact what happened, I would think this would be handled in the open, for all to see, and to see the fairness and equity response of your Company to a customer. I can see how a block would be put in place and be a cautious move to prevent further damage in case it is a cyber hate attack by a person acting out of malice. But is it maybe more useful to reach out with immediate contact to determine the legitimacy of the complaint, and if it is an honorable complaint and not intended to harm with malice, to openly address the complaint, and let other clients see the positive response from your Company? :foryou:

Just a passing thought that was on my mind this morning.

No response is needed.

Respectfully,

John Curlis

This is tantamount to a trespass, John, as this is a private business. On the propriety of it, that's up to the business. The feedback is standing, so there's no censorship, there. Neither is there any discrimination against any protected class. Think of this as the revocation of the license of a dissatisfied customer, because they can't see eye-to-eye. Or, better still, until they can see eye-to-eye. That's pretty much all this policy is.