• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merc Dimes - Which do you prefer?

13 posts in this topic

i like both!!!!!!!! but my ultimate favorite is thst toned ms 68 coin that is really neat!!

now here is another merc dime proof 67

1942 ngc

but it is the strongest cameo both sides i have ever seen on a merc dime also as a plus nicely toned album

toned and the reverse is a solid cameo with the obverse a cameo plus really really uncommon like this!

and believe me this coin is as cameo in person as this scan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the middle band is not fully split and this is rare.........lol as usually they are fully split on most?? and yet

it is a nice cameo ALSO you would think that this dime freshly polished would be fully split bands>????

i could never figure this out but this coin doesnot have a single hairline or mark on it

and is only in a 68/69 holder due to the middle bands not beinh split as if the middle bands were

split with the cameo and toning and no hairlines or marks this would be 68 star or 69!!

sould i resubmit for star and cameo designation on the holder??

sincerely michael

87176-42CAMmerc.jpg.a10e4f383ec1387c48e2836d3cdbcc6d.jpg

Although I really enjoy untoned coins as close as possible to issue condition, I'd probably opt for the MS68 because it's the higher grade. Or maybe, like EVP, I'd simply take both and put another stress fracture on the Visa.

smirk.gif

I love luster and also those '45-S toners. I had one and regret selling it. It is cool how the fasces are untoned. Right now I'd buy the '45-S first if I could only buy one coin.

Being a proof collector who loves cameo I'd really rather have Michael's '42 Mercury.