• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Following up on a few requests posted by NAS Fallon Firefighter

11 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A few pictures of my other collection.

Hello fellow collectors,

I had a few requests to post some pictures of my collection of firefighter memorabilia. It's a small collection and I only have a few pics of some of the stuff but I hope to change that in the following months.

Jeffrey

11010.jpg

See more journals by NAS Fallon Firefighter

The extinguisher I posted above is my favorite piece. It is a soda acid extinguisher from the 1940s. It is made out of brass and copper and completely restored.

Below is a fire hydrant I worked on.

124311.jpg.6e63819b795434ecdc8c98e65d0e4540.jpg

124312.jpg.ddf302f90f004be1ee5478c8f4397245.jpg

That is cool, love the restoration work on your fire hydrant. Do you have any vintage helmets in your collection?

Malcolm

Very cool stuff Jeffrey;

I was watching American Restoration the other night and they were doing a large "Old Time" fire extinguisher I think from the 30's and I didn't realize they sold for so much. This thing was used in factory settings they said. Stood about 5 - 6 feet tall with a large hose. Interesting !!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Mike

Jeffery, That soda acid extinguisher is my favorite also!!!!! "SWEEEEET" Back then, they sure did take alot of pride when they made things. I wish we get back to those ideas from yesteryear.

Thanks for posting, looking forward for more!!!! Jimmie...

Very nice collection I loved both the extingisher and the hydrent. I too collect other things then coin I pick up tube my prize is an old cathedral style radio and they all work. again very cool stuff.

Lane

Wow, I remember those soda acid extinguishers laying around Army and Marine Corps bases back in the late 60's early 70's, nice restoration work Jeffery!