• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is going on with this MS70 ??

15 posts in this topic

Encapsulated NGC MS70. Was there a cheese-whiz party in the holder? Do you think it will color nicely over time as this is just starting?

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

It appears that the owner didn't care to maintain a cool dry climate. Either that, or the owner lived in southern Louisiana during the time of Katrina.

Chris

It appears that the owner didn't care to maintain a cool dry climate. Either that, or the owner lived in southern Louisiana during the time of Katrina.

Chris

Or the coin was dipped and improperly neutralized.

Thanks for the information guys. I know, "bye bye $$". That being said, I'm not out THAT much, and I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what the toning continues to do(if anything). I'll hold onto it......not that anyone would buy.

Chris

+1

In theory, wouldn't NGC be able to tell that the coin had been dipped? If so, I find it disconcerting that a dipped coin ever received a MS70 grade. The coin should be covered by NGC's guarantee.

Chris

+1

In theory, wouldn't NGC be able to tell that the coin had been dipped? If so, I find it disconcerting that a dipped coin ever received a MS70 grade. The coin should be covered by NGC's guarantee.

I agree. You should submit for an appearance review. You may get some of the bye bye back.

Besides I doubt you will be happy with the way the toning will come out. Looks to be going toward very unattractive.

Looks like it might be dip residue.

In an MS70 slab - it should be covered by warranty

Get instructions to send it in.

Chris

+1

No. Many coins which have been dipped, are not necessarily apparent as such.

This is my guess also. Unfortunately, the coin is no longer MS-70.

Of course, it never really did grade MS-70 lol , but now it isn't really even close.

In theory, wouldn't NGC be able to tell that the coin had been dipped?

No.

The coin should be covered by NGC's guarantee.

Yes it would be. So you can send it back, they can dip it again, reholder it and send it back.