• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aloha posted by DrDarryl

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

An Hawaiian idea for my new custom set ....

As most of you are aware, I have a keen interest in coins, medals and tokens from Hawaii.

Stage 1 of my Hawaii Statehood Medal collection is complete. The next stage is to collect each of the 17 remaining variations. The gold variations will be extremely tough to locate and obtain.

In the meantime, I have set up an intermediate goal for a Territory of Hawaii Souvenir Set. The time period is set (Territory of Hawaii). The specific items to collect was not set.

My challenge was find a listing from the time period and have done so. I have no objections to the current listings compiled in Medcalf and Russell (Hawaiian Money Standard Catalog), but they categorized items by similarity (i.e. cafeteria tokens, saloon tokens, etc... I wanted a time period collection.

Upon reviewing the literary material in my library, I came across page 40 in the book Hawaiian Coins, Tokens and Paper Money (by Maurice M. Gould and Kenneth Bressett). This is now my short term collecting goal which only requires 5 pieces.

The image is page 40 from the book .... Hawaiian Coins, Tokens and Paper Money by Maurice M. Gould and Kenneth Bressett

10987.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl

Outstanding Darryl,

Your medal set is wonderful and this set will be terrific as well. Looking forward to your coming additions. This is really great,

Mahalo,

Merlin8*