• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A GNU CU CEO!

24 posts in this topic

Sounds like a slam against Texans. Grrrr....

Wish that they would list some specific companies that the guy worked with, like the did for the new board member. Makes it look like they are hiding something.

Ah, yes, Michael Haynes. Part co-founder of Tangible Assets Galleries. You guys may say bad stuff about him, but he's actually an extremely intelligent person. I've never met him, but I know some people who have, and they have nothing but praise about him. TAGZ, on the other hand, well, I'm sure everyone can form their own opinion about them.

Except the fact that TAGZ is doing quite well. They have an extremely intelligent staff, but their customer service absolutely sucks. I bought a coin from them once, about two years ago. It was a Saint Gaudens. I didn't like the grade, so I returned it. Well, let me just tell you, I'll forever be on their S*** list. In retrospect, they'll always be on my S*** list. I didn't really want to go there. (Too many bad memories.)

Except the fact that TAGZ is doing quite well HUH?

TAGZ's publicized last 4 quarters (negative):

Net Income Applicable To Common Shares

($1,658,204) ($1,655,578) ($2,665,722) ($395,729)

Share price: $0.02/share

Edited to say: Yahoo doesn't show the last two quarters results. They are way behind in publicizing the results.

You're not the only one who hasn't heard of TAGZ till today! Well, as of yesterday I was 95% certain of switching to NGC for future submissions. That 5% is looking kinda iffy now... I'll never be a big submitter so not like it's that big a deal, but little voices put together make for a loud choir!

When I saw Michael Haynes' name the first thing that hit me was "Heritage." Didn't he work for them back in the 80's or even before that under Steve Ivy Rare Coin?

roadrunner

Having a collectibles/auction company as a public company does not seem like a very good idea. The revenue stream available is not big enough for a public company and the need for growth leads to mediocrity in product offerings. The overhead associated with financial reporting and corporate governance has to be a burden. If it were not for the grading of a zillion state quarters per month I am not sure where they would be. Blame the investment banking industry of the 1990's for convincing the investing public that all companies with a website would become huge and wealthy.

"I meant ITCA, which later became known as TAGZ, I believe."

PQSeated - ICTA has nothing to do with TAGZ. ICTA is a dealer organization that works on behalf of the rare coin industry. I believe that Michael Haynes was a co-founder of ICTA.

roadrunner1 - You are correct. Haynes was with Steve Ivy / Heritage in the late 70's and early 80's. I worked with him at those companies from approximately 1979-1982. And, as I mentioned on the PCGS board, he is an extremely bright guy, with plenty to offer.

"TAGZ" for anyone who still hasn't figured it out, is the ticker symbol and nickname of Silvano DiGenova's company "Tangible Asset Galleries, Inc." which acquired Superior Galleries last year. I believe they have dropped the "Tangible" name (which had perhaps become a bit tarnished) and are now doing business as "Superior Galleries."

Their URL's have included www.tagz.com, www.metalsman.com, www.tangibleassetgalleries.com, www.superiorsc.com, and now it is www.sgbh.com. Go Figure !!!! (sgbh stands for Superior Galleries Beverly Hills).

I won't say anything further about them in a public forum, for reasons which many of you already know.

Sunnywood

As information, when you view the web-page of the ICTA, you need to take note that-- at the bottom of the page-- you will be informed that TAGZ is the firm that maintains ICTA's on-line presence! Never mind, its being outdated...

When you arrive at the ICTA web-site, click on "join", and view the bottom of the page, where you will notice the site 'maintained' by TAGZ.

Take a moment, and view the TAGZ web-site, from the above page, and it will take you to 'sgbh'. There, you'll notice that 'sgbh' is a "STANFORD FINANCIAL GROUP COMPANY".

Never mind the pesky pop-up ad on the ICTA site-- it's 'under construction'... *sigh*

Call me a doubting Thomas, yet it seems that the more I dig into all of this, the less I am beginning to enjoy the thoughts of the ICTA watching anything...!!! mad.gif