• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

End Of March Update by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Silver lining from NGC's decision

Hi all,

I have been busy the last few weeks. Since NGC made the decision to not allow PCGS in the World Registry sets, I have been going through my sets; I have deleted some, rearranged some others and made a few more custom sets.

Quite possibly there is a silver lining to all of this, at least for me, it gives me fewer competitive sets to focus on. Also, I think it will upgrade some of the grades of coins I purchase which always helps, and hopefully I will have more time to better present my custom sets, yes I even added some more of them.

Between all this, taking photos, and fighting dizziness spells I am keeping busy. The photo for this journal entry is a test of having a colored background on my photos. Personally I love blue, but think is too bright. Possibly a navy blue would be better for a silver coin. If you have opinions, let me hear them.

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

Hello,

Nice coin that you are using for your background color test.

I agree with you about using a darker color on the background.

I have a few of my coins with a black and others with a dark brown color backgrounds. IMHO, I like the darker tones.

Best wishes,

Jack

The metallic composition of a coin has a lot to do with the color of the background, while black fits them all. Personally I prefer darker colors for backgrounds and a much darker blue will make your coin look nicer. A rule of thumb though is that any color that distracts your eye away from the coin and onto the background is not a good color. The color in your photograph seemed to distract my eyes off the coin and onto the background. All the best in whatever you decide.

Gary