• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Precious Metals Price in Current Market posted by Shane Connerly

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Were is the people's gold headed, silver and the years ahead!

The core assets of collectors tired to precious metals, in the past several weeks the price of the base metals in our hobby has stabilized and seems ready to headed in one direction or another soon. Current price range of 32 to 33 dollars per ounce seems pent up and is ready to unwind up or down!

Every report that I read these days talks about how, world wide each year, miners are finding less and less deposits as well as working twice as hard to obtain good ore and spending to acquire new finds is through the roof . With how dependent we are to silver and its tie to driving electronics, medical devices, and jewelry we will never see silver become a useless metal. I started my interest in silver through trading stocks, and have been researching silver ever since.....

I am sure every collector out there keeps future buys closely tied to spot price and weather or not to buy more volume of common dated coins or to make your next purchase aimed at appreciation of monetary value based rarity.

Please share a comment and let me know where you think is headed and why?

See more journals by Shane Connerly

Historically silver was 16:1 now it it 50:1 with gold. This started in the late 70's when gold was once more allowed for legal sale.Silver has a much larger spot in the work place because of cellphones, and this alone I think will drive silver up. I beleive that silver will close on the 16:1 ratio once again. This will drive the price to near $50 or maybe $75. I beleave this enough, that I am increasing my silver to gold holdings.

wheat

I try extremely diligently to not buy any coins which are heavily linked to the COMEX index of spot metals prices. Most worthwhile classic collectable silver coins have extremely litlle to do with the silver content as much as with scarcity and condition. Hopefully, that will continue to be the criteria for most of the classic coins (pre-1939) which I collect and keep in my collection as being worth the effort to even bother to acquire them.

I will never allow myself to be drawn into the emotional morass of incidental metal spot prices driving my coin collecting habits. This would be a disastrous business decision on my part. Just my opinion of course because some small corolius effect of swirling futures tomcockery is built into all silver coin prices to a smaller extent! The smaller, the better as far as I am concerned.