• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this RSFSR 1922 50 Kopek piece

5 posts in this topic

Just looking to see what I might expect from NGC on this. I've looked it over pretty thoroughly, and there aren't many (if any) scratches on this thing; the only downside to its grade is that it may be too toned to achieve anything high. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Obverse: P3261039.jpg

Reverse: P3261042.jpg

Comon', guys! U.S. coins are boring! ;-)

The designs from the last 60 years are boring.... I say this as a U.S. Coin Collector. I throw out a guess here. I don't see a lot of contact marks, but I see enough wear and luster that I would guess somewhere in the VF30-VF35 range. Luster holds it back for me.

tewcd,

Toning won't affect grade at all unless it is aftificial. I dont know old Soviet coins but I would place this somewhere in the high VF range ... it appears to have wear on the reverse wreath leaves and on the obverse shield . Looks like it has a good, deep rim to protect the coin fields...