• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction in Northern Mn posted by lanebrad

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Sunday afternoon Auction

Well just got back from a Coin Auction up here in Mn there was about 1 hour to view the coins then the bidding started They had a lot of slab coins ranging from Morgans,Walkers,Franklin and 1 Kennedy. plus a ton of raw coins,also a few complets sets such as Ike, Kennedys. well it was a good turn out and the way people were looking at the slab I figure I have a hard time getting bargains.The few morgans that were bought sold for half of FMV ex an 81cc ms65,83cc65 I bidded on a few coins a couple prestige sets 93,97 but they went past my bid we all have a limite I went for 3 coins 2 Franklins and a Kennedy well I got 2 1 Franklin FBL and a 1966 Kennedy MS 66sms Cameo at less then half fmv. had a great time.and meet a couple of very intresting people.

Lane

See more journals by lanebrad

Lane,

It is good to see that you are out and having a great time so soon after the hip replacement. Look forward to pics of those great deals you hammered on.

Later----Rick

I'm jealous. I wish I could find some of those small town auctions with coins at them....sounds like a blast.

Question. Do you have to pay a buyers fee? if so, how much is it- a percent or is it a flat rate....thanks, Jackson

Jackson

No buyers fee.so it's a good deal. also they server us a free lunch of pulled pork sandwiches and all the sides. so yes it was a great time 2nd time I went to the same Auctioneer.

Yep got a few here in SC. A enjoyable hang out with the regulars on the back porch with refreshments---- a quick viewing after a chat and pay the hammer price when you leave.----NO EXTRA COSTS-----Home town versus Heritage and Teletrade--GREAT.