• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Figured out what to collect

3 posts in this topic

I couldn't sleep last night so I figured I would share my epiphany. I'm starting out with a war nickel set and I'm going to use Doug Winter's "best value grade" philosophy; I'll look for premium examples of MS67 coins, and forego the "FS" designations with the exception of the Denver strikes (these don't have a 1000% premium like almost all the rest.) I'm building a second set of war nickels that I went ahead and started, this being "Omaha Bank Hoard" pedigreed coins. I'm not sure why this is so alluring, maybe because it's an interesting pedigree that doesn't seem to cost anything extra except time.

After the war nickels I'm going to do a nickel type set. After that I'll build a "odd denominations" type set. I haven't thought out any further than that.

I wonder why we are attracted to certain types of coins?

I wonder why we are attracted to certain types of coins?

I had the same attraction for the Westward Journey nickels, 2004-2006. I've got 20,000 of them in bags, rolls & tubes.

Chris (shrug)