• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help Identifying This Coin

9 posts in this topic

I'm really new to coin collecting. I have identified every coin in my newly formed collection, but this one. It is about the size of a Peace Dollar and it has no date, which leads me to believe its a commenorative coin or something. I have the pics (sorry if they are huge) any help would be appreciated. I just want to know what it is, maybe when they were produced. Thanks for any help towards this and I look forward to learning alot from you guys/gals.

Here are the pics:

unknowncoinfront.jpg

unknowncoinback.jpg

It is a one ounce silver art round poor reproduction of a draped bust design. It was likely produced recently, and is worth the price of silver (currently about $32).

The design it is trying to imitate, however, was produced on several different series of coinage in the period 1800-1807.

Thanks for the response. I knew what it was trying to reproduce, and I agree, it's a pretty crappy try. Thank you very much. Coin collecting is much more confusing than I thought it would be. Thanks again

The letter "D" & "T" on the bottom of the reverse may be designer's initials or it may be the private mint that produced this.

Is there anything stamped on the edge?

Chris

The letter "D" & "T" on the bottom of the reverse may be designer's initials or it may be the private mint that produced this.

Is there anything stamped on the edge?

Chris

Nope. Nothing on the edge.

This is your common art round. I just sold about 60 of these today, With that said this could be anywhere from 1970 till now. My guess is about 1985. We are selling art rounds at $2.00 over spot.